Ventive aims to become the the energy platform of modern buildings: Integrating connected, data-enabled building services that create comfortable and healthy internal environments. They have developed a range of intelligent ventilation and building services solutions to reduce energy use and save Carbon. Their patented technology delivers 100% fresh air while reducing heat loss – recovering energy from stale exhaust air to pre-warm incoming air or distribute via its innovative heat pump into thermal storage. All systems are cloud-connected to enable remote commissioning, real-time performance monitoring, system optimization and proactive maintenance. Ventive are operating at the cross-roads of technology and building physics – driving sustainability into every project.
Micro Business (0-9 employees) London Status: Recruiting
- Game changers
- Working smart
Daisy Chain Says
Robert Morrison's Experience
Co-founder & CEO.
1. What were, or are, the biggest challenges you faced going back into the work place having had children?
2. How did your career change after having children?
More flexible working.
3. How do you balance your career with your family?
4. How has working for Ventive enhanced your family/ work life balance?
We have built the company to be flexible. Everything is virtual and can be run from an office or a kitchen.
5. If you could give your ‘pre-children’ self, one piece of advice about being a working mother, what would it be?
I'm a working Father, but it would be - don't stress about the small things. Someone very wise said to me: "pick your battles" - words to live by. Say YES more often.
6. What is it about this industry that appeals to you?
We have a chance to make a real difference. The planet is warming - it's true. Construction emits about 40% of global Carbon which directly impacts climate change. So by developing solutions that not only impact the Humans but also the environment makes me happy a willing to get up every day a do it again.