About Baker Street Quarter Partnership
We are the Business Improvement District (BID) for the Baker Street area of Marylebone – well known as a desirable location and a key commercial district in London’s West End – as well as for a certain Mr Holmes. Our work is far reaching to ensure this vibrant area is a great place to work, live and visit. We are funded and directed by the larger businesses and property owners in the area and are not for profit, with everything we do focused on the betterment of the area.
Baker Street Quarter Partnership's Status
Micro Business (0-9 employees) London Status: Recruiting
- Small, but perfectly formed
- Love what we do
- Game changers
Daisy Chain Says
“Baker Street Quarter Partnership are a truly family-friendly employer and fully understand the flexibility people need to create a 'life friendly' environment to work in.”
Penny Alexander's Experience
I am CEO at Baker Street Quarter Partnership and helped to set the Partnership up. I have 3 school age children.
1. What were, or are, the biggest challenges you faced going back into the work place having had children?
Juggling everything, finding great childcare and knowing when to say no!
2. How did your career change after having children?
A brief spell in consultancy and then back on the path I was on but with a part-time role.
3. How do you balance your career with your family?
I work part-time with some time at home and my other half does the same.
4. How has working for Baker Street Quarter Partnership enhanced your family/ work life balance?
Giving me an interesting, challenging role with fab people that still allows me to have time for my family and the important things outside work.
5. If you could give your ‘pre-children’ self, one piece of advice about being a working mother, what would it be?
Don't be shy of asking for help and make sure your other half is up for being a working father/mother too....
6. What is it about this industry that appeals to you?
It makes a positive difference to the people working here and enables big business to do positive things for the wider community.